First Hollywood Store in Royal Oak
In June of 1950, the Welch family opened its first “Hollywood Market” on Campbell Road in Royal Oak, Michigan. Spearheading this effort was Charles Ross. Charles Ross became Jay, Rich and Bill’s stepfather when their mother remarried. Not long after the store opened, Rich and Bill left to serve in the Army during the Korean conflict. Upon returning from duty, all the boys took to working in the store. Many years later it became necessary to sell this store because of its small size and the need to expand was great.