Dear Hollywood Markets shoppers,
To help keep our customers and employees safe during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have implemented the following measures at our stores.
On Friday, April 24, 2020, Governor Whitmer extended Executive Order 2020-59. Section 15 states that:
“Effective on April 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM:
(a) Any individual able to medically tolerate a face covering MUST wear a covering over their nose and mouth-such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief-when in any enclosed public space.
(b) All business and operations whose workers perform in-person work must, at a minimum, provide non-medical grade face coverings to their workers.”
Hollywood Markets, in accordance with the above Executive Order, will require all employees, customers, and any other individuals to wear a face covering when in our stores.
Anyone who refuses to wear a face covering will be asked to leave our stores.
Thank you for understanding.
- For seniors and those with compromised immune systems:
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- For general public:
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
We hope our shoppers understand and plan their shopping trips around this time frame during the week (weekends are open to all), as to give our high-risk customers the opportunity to shop with fewer crowds.
- Thanks to the Oakland County Quilt Guild, our staff was provided over 100 masks for protection. We now have enough masks for our entire Hollywood team to wear.
- It is mandatory for all staff to wear face masks and gloves. All of our vendors are also be responsible for wearing masks.
- At our deli and meat counters, we have lines placed 6 ft. away so our customers and employees have social distancing.
- At our cash registers, we have the same social distancing and are trying to not have back to back registers going at the same time.
- We have Plexiglass at each cash register for the safety of our customers as well as our employees.
- Our cashiers are wearing sanitized gloves for their protection.
- We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule for our restrooms.
- Any employee that feels sick, we are asking them to please stay home.
- We are cleaning our counters and scales in our meat and deli department with Coronavirus disinfectant.
- We have cart wipes for all of our shopping carts.
- We are staffing our stores with more employees to clean other areas as well, like door handles, phones, bagging stations, and shelves throughout the store.
Bottle returns are now open at Hollywood Markets. Please read below for the full policy:
- Bottle return limits: $25.00
- Bottle return hours: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily
- Social distancing: We ask all of our customers to keep social distancing in mind. We have placed floor decals to help with this.
- Pardon the interruption: Our employees will be wiping down, cleaning, and sanitizing machines. When this occurs, we will need to turn machines off periodically.
- Fundraisers: Starting July 6, if you are a fundraiser and have large amounts to return, we will do this by appointment only from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m., Monday–Saturday, before the store opens.
- Capacity: Because of the large amount of bottle returns coming in, Hollywood may reach capacity levels. If this occurs, Hollywood will shut down returns until the State of Michigan bottle company (UBCR) delivers empty bins for us to continue. This may take several days.
We ask our customers to be patient at this time knowing everyone will be returning bottles all at once. We will do our best to make sure areas are cleaned, sanitized, and organized.
At this time, Hollywood Markets is unable to offer any one-day specials based on product availability. Once we are sufficiently back to full stock levels, we will resume our one-day specials. Weekend meat specials may occur when we are able to provide enough product.
ONLINE ORDERING/CURBSIDE PICKUP
Thank you for understanding during this very tough time.